Attention Filmmakers and Aspiring Filmmakers!
Get involved in the Samhain celebrations this year, show off your creative flare and be in with a chance to WIN €500!!
Púca Festival and Meath Film Festival present our 60 Second Film Competition.
Our jury will select one winner and they will receive the prize of €500.
Create an original short film, 60 seconds or less inspired by the Irish folklore characters the Morrigan, the Fear Dearg, the Púca or the Boann or traditional Irish Halloween.
Find out more about the characters here!
Share your entry publicly on Instagram using the hashtag #PúcaFilmFest2022 and tag @Púcafestivalireland and @filmfestivalmeath
October 22nd, 2022
See below for full T&C’s
Terms and Conditions
- It’s free to enter.
- Films can be no longer than 60 seconds (including credits if used).
- Entries must be original and entrants over 18 only.
- Films must be inspired by the characters of the Púca, Morrigan, Fear Derag, Boann or traditional Irish Halloween. Find out more on the characters here.
- Categories can include: Documentaries / Animation/ Experimental Films / Drama / Piece to camera.
- Films must be made specifically for this competition.
- Films may be in any language or have no dialogue at all. Non-English audio (and important on-screen text) must have English subtitles.
- Films must be original work of the individual or group.
- Every actor or participant must have a full understanding of the purpose of the film and give consent for it to be used for the festival and for promotion of the festival by Fáilte Ireland and the festival organisers.
- You should provide a full list of contributors in the description of your entry.
- Ensure that all content in your film is your own.
- If using music, entrants must have all rights to use same.
- All entries must be submitted by uploading to Instagram online by close of entries: Oct 22nd 2022, using the hashtag #PúcaFilmFest2022 and tag @Púcafestivalireland + @meathfilmfestival.
- The account you use to submit your entry must not be set to private, otherwise we won’t be able to see your film.
- Winning film will be posted on the Púca Festival and Meath Film Festival’s social and digital media accounts including (but not limited to) Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook and Snapchat.
- Films will be scored by our panel of 3 judges from Meath Film Festival. Judge’s decision is final.
- Points are awarded for Originality/Creativity, Direction, Writing, Cinematography, Performance, Production Value, Pacing, Structure, Sound Design/Music and relevance to the Morrigan, the Fear Dearg, The Púca or the Boann or traditional Irish Halloween.
- Entrants that aren’t compliant with these rules will be disqualified.
- This competition is by the Púca Festival on behalf of Fáilte Ireland.
- Entrants consent to the disclosure of their name(s) as a winner (if successful). The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
- By accepting the prize, the winners grant, and Fáilte Ireland reserves, the right to use information relating to a winner, including their name and the contents of their submission, in any publicity in any media relating to the Púca Film Competition until 31/10/2023.
- The Winner will be contacted through our Instagram account to organise delivery of the prize.
- The winner’s first name, surname, email, postal address and eircode will be retained until the winner has received their prize.
- This will not be longer than 01/01/2023, until they receive their €500 prize.
- If you are not the winner then Fáilte Ireland will not hold or use any imagery or information unless you are happy to do so and have signed a Copyright & Data Protection Agreement
- You must have all necessary consents from any identifiable individuals who appear in your entry and who must also be aged 18 or over.
- You are providing your information to Fáilte Ireland and not to any other party.
- If you would like to know how we handle your personal data, please see
- Fáilte Ireland’s Consumer
- Privacy Statement